Building Resilience in Children and Adults – Online
Date(s) - Feb 1, 2022 - Feb 8, 2022
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Add to My Calendar
Participants will learn how they can support children who have experienced adversity and help all children build resilience to past, present and future adverse experiences.
Participants will learn:
– to recognize symptoms of trauma and resilience
– how to offer immediate support to children if they become upset and dysregulated, using the wellness skills of the Community Resiliency Model(CRM)®
– how to have their own self care practices to build their resilience and prevent compassion fatigue
Presenter: Karen LeSage has over 25 years of experience working with children from birth to nineteen years of age in child care and community settings. Her focus has been on creating safe and inclusive spaces for all children. She is a licensed Early Childhood Educator, Infant/Toddler Educator and Special Needs Educator. Karen is a certified Community Resiliency Model® Teacher.
Date: Tuesday, February 1 & 8, 2022
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number