Bringing Aboriginal Culture into Childcare
Date(s) - Dec 7, 2017
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Burnaby/New Westminster CCRR
Add to My Calendar
Learn to make a felt story from the book “Raven”. A story that will take the children on an adventure to learn more about the Aboriginal Culture.
- To be able to understand about ravens and their importance to First Nations People.
- To be able to make a felt story where children can participate re-telling the story.
- To be able to draw their own “Raven” story.
- To be able to extend the book in order to explore other stories from First Nations Culture.
- Child Growth and Development
- Curriculum/Program Development
- Early Care and Education
- Family Support
- Professional Ethics & Practice
Suitable for all child care providers.
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
$18.00 members, $22.00 non-members
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604-931-3400 Ext. 0
Wanda Edgar and Dolores Talavera
Wanda Edgar has a background in Human Services. She has been working in the ECE field for the last 13 years. She has worked as an Aboriginal Supported Child Development Consultant since 2009. - Dolores Talavera has a background in the ECE field. She has been working as an Aboriginal Supported Child Development Consultant for the last 2 years.