Autism 102 – Autism in the 21st Century – Taking Away the Fear!
Date(s) - May 14, 2022
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Abbotsford CCRR Online
Add to My Calendar
Many of you may have attended the Autism 101 workshop on December 4, 2021. This presentation will be a continuation and a deeper look at some of the concepts introduced then. Please know there will be a brief summary so feel free to attend even if you missed the first workshop. We will look further into how to build trusting, safe relationships and how to understand what their body movement ‘behaviours’ might be communicating.
Presenter: Pam Collins very proudly identifies as a neurodivergent and has two adult neurodivergent sons. She is an Autism/Neurodiversity Support Specialist and Educator for Reach Child and Youth Development Society. She is a co-founder of the Richmond Autism Interagency Committee – a group dedicated to increasing opportunities for people with autism to be accepted and celebrated in their communities.
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number