Autism 101 – Online
Date(s) - Dec 4, 2021
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Add to My Calendar
What exactly does the word Autism mean to you? Do you know someone who is Autistic? If not, does the
word frighten you? It neither predicts nor limits how successful a child will become. Basically, Autism refers
how a person’s brain and nervous system interact with their environment. Come and learn how an autistic
neurology may impact an individual and their family.
Presenter: Pam Collins is the very proud parent of two neurodivergent young adult sons! She is an
Autism/Neurodiversity Support Specialist and Educator for Reach Child and Youth Development Society.
She is a co-funder of the Richmond Autism Interagency Committee – a group dedicated to increasing
opportunities for people with autism to be accepted and celebrated in their communities.
Date: Saturday December 4, 2021
Time: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number