ALERT EMERGENCY CHILDCARE FIRST-AID WITH CPR “C” COURSE
Date(s) - Oct 3, 2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Add to My Calendar
This fun and interactive 8 hour course trains people how to react and improvise when dealing with time priority, life threatening emergencies. This course includes initial assessment, disease prevention, secondary survey, airway obstruction, adult, child and infant CPR and AED (Level C). Recognition and first-aid treatment for head and spine injuries, shock, burns, bleeding, seizures, broken bones, anaphylactic shock, small wound management, poisoning, heat exhaustion and heat stroke will also be addressed. Participants spend the majority of the course doing hands on first-aid, and participating in first-aid scenarios. By practicing with scenarios students gain confidence, learn to improvise, and react in emergency situations. This course meets Child Licensing guidelines.
Presenter: Austin Crystal
Date: Saturday, October 3 2020
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Archway Community Services; Jasbir Saran Room (B100)
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone. Debit, credit, cash, or cheque payments are taken in office.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard), debit, cash, or cheque (payable to Archway Community Services).
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held at Archway Community Services in the Jasbir Saran Room (B100), unless otherwise stated.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number