Alert Emergency Childcare First Aid
Date(s) - Nov 27, 2021
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Archway Community Services
Add to My Calendar
This fun and interactive 8 hour course trains people how to react and improvise when dealing with time
priority, life threatening emergencies. This course includes initial assessment, disease prevention, secondary
survey, airway obstruction, adult, child and infant CPR and AED (Level C). Recognition and first-aid
treatment for head and spine injuries, shock, burns, bleeding, seizures, broken bones, anaphylactic shock,
small wound management, poisoning, heat exhaustion and heat stroke will also be addressed. Participants
spend the majority of the course doing hands on first-aid, and participating in first-aid scenarios. By
practicing with scenarios students gain confidence, learn to improvise, and react in emergency situations.
This course meets Child Licensing guidelines.
Instructor: Austin Crystal has been working at Alert First Aid for 4+ years. He’s a Canadian Red Cross First Aid
and CPR Instructor, and a WorkSafeBC OFA Level 1 Instructor.
Dates: Saturday November 27, 2021
Times: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Archway Community Services – 2420 Montrose Ave. Room: Jasbir Saran Room (B100)
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Visa, MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number