Administration for Family Child Care Course
Date(s) - Feb 22, 2021 - Mar 4, 2021
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Add to My Calendar
Monday to Thursday, February 22 to March 4, 2021 Time: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
8, 1.5 hour session, plus 30 minutes self-study per session.
Through interactive sessions this 16-hour course guides participants to explore best practices in family child care as well as basic business practices like how to project a family child care business budget, record keeping, organising expenses and paperwork to be ready for tax season. We will identify and review policies and procedures needed in family child care and as a final assignment participants will create or review and update their own parent’s manual containing their centre’s policies, contracts, daily schedule, programming, etc. (i.e. Parent Package).
- Become familiar with CCRR best practices in family child care.
- Identify and review policies and procedures and create a Parent Package (parent’s manual containing centre’s policies, contracts, daily schedule, programming, etc.) or review and update an existing one.
- Explore basic business practices.
- Obtain basic knowledge about Affordable Child care Benefit.
- Learn effective strategies for forming positive relationships with families.
This course is for participants who have taken Westcoast’s 20-hour Responsible Adult course at WCCRC, and would like to continue their career in child care by opening their own family child care business.
Participants may take this course first and after, Westcoast’s 20-hour Responsible Adult Course to have an equivalent to the 36-hours Introduction to Family Child Care Course and continue the process of opening their own family child care business (registered license-not-required or licensed).
This 16-hour course alone does not qualify participants to become registered or licensed family child care providers, or open a family child care business. For more information contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral Office (CCRR) or Licensing Office.
- Participants must:
- Be 19 years of age at the time of registration.
- Have Grade 8 English written and oral skills (or equivalent) to actively participate during class.
- Participants must attend all sessions to receive a certificate and satisfactorily complete the Parent Package which must be approved by the Instructor, before the course ends.
- Carefully read all policies.
Before you register:
- Westcoast offers interactive, live workshops as opposed to webinars or lectures. In an online environment this requires a reliable internet connection, an updated device and enabling the camera and microphone for the duration of each session. These are basic requirements to attend our workshops and to receive a certificate of participation so please consider this before you register.
- The workshop/course will take place via Zoom. A link for all sessions will be emailed to you a day before the workshop.
- Check your email settings and your spam folder.
- If you are new to Zoom watch the video How to Join a Zoom Meeting. You do not need to download Zoom to attend, but access may be quicker when logged in to Zoom. You can download Zoom for free at zoom.us/signup.
- Join each session by clicking the link 15 min. before start time.
- Doors close 15 min. after start time.
- Workshops/courses are never recorded. If you miss a session, there is no way to make it up and you will not receive a certificate.
- A certificate will be emailed to participants who attend all sessions, after completion.
- Self reflection resources/materials will be emailed to participants at the end of the first session. This will count for 4 additional hours of independent learning on your certificate for a total of 16 hours.
- More questions? Read our Workshop Policies, FAQs and Online Workshops Basics.
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre | WCCRC
- Early Care and Education
- Service Partnership: Vancouver Early Years Partnership
- Service System: CCRR
Suitable for registered or licensed family child care providers who would like to refine their administration skills and/or review their Parent Package.
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Fee: $150 (workbook included) | FCC Fee: n/a
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Be 19 years of age at the time of registration. Read our Workshop Policies, FAQs and Online Workshops Basics.
Computer & webcam
Vesna is an experienced facilitator and Early Childhood Educator, she has worked as a Vancouver CCRR Child Care Services Consultant at Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre and currently she is their Outreach Professional Development Coordinator. She brings a rich background in working with 0-5 year old children in both family child care and group care settings and as a Westcoast’s facilitator for the 35-hour Introduction to Family Child Care Course and the 20-hour Responsible Adult in Child Care Settings.
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre | WCCRC