Administration for Family Child Care Course
Date(s) - Sep 21, 2020 - Oct 1, 2020
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Add to My Calendar
Monday to Thursday, September 21 to October 1, 2020.
8 x 1.5 hour sessions, plus 30 minutes self-study per session.
A 16-hour certificate will be emailed to participants after all sessions are completed.
- The workbook will be emailed once the course starts, at the end of the first session.
- Any other resources/materials will be emailed to participants between sessions to explore/read as directed by the facilitator.
- This will count for an additional 4 hours of self-study on your certificate.
- The course will take place via Zoom. A link will be emailed to you the day before the course. Test this link anytime before the workshop.
- Courses are never recorded. If you miss a session, there is no makeup session.
- Login in to each session, by simply clicking the link 10-15 minutes before start time.
- For faster access you can download Zoom for free at zoom.us/signup.
Through interactive sessions this 16-hour course guides participants to explore best practices in family child care as well as basic business practices like how to project a family child care business budget, record keeping, organising expenses and paperwork to be ready for tax season. We will identify and review policies and procedures needed in family child care and as a final assignment participants will create or review and update their own parent’s manual containing their centre’s policies, contracts, daily schedule, programming, etc. (i.e. Parent Package).
- Become familiar with CCRR best practices in family child care.
- Identify and review policies and procedures and create a Parent Package (parent’s manual containing centre’s policies, contracts, daily schedule, programming, etc.) or review and update an existing one.
- Explore basic business practices.
- Obtain basic knowledge about Affordable Child care Benefit.
- Learn effective strategies for forming positive relationships with families.
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre
- Administration and Communication
- Early Care and Education
- Service Partnership: Vancouver Early Years Partnership
- Service System: CCRR
Suitable for registered or licensed family child care providers who would like to refine their administration skills and/or review their Parent Package. This course is for participants who have taken Westcoast’s 20-hour Responsible Adult course at WCCRC, and would like to continue their career in child care by opening their own family child care business. Participants may take this course first and after, Westcoast's 20-hour Responsible Adult Course to have an equivalent to the 36-hours Introduction to Family Child Care Course and continue the process of opening their own family child care business (registered license-not-required or licensed). This 16-hour course alone does not qualify participants to become registered or licensed family child care providers, or open a family child care business. For more information contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral Office (CCRR) or Licensing Office.
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
$150 (pdf workbook included).
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Participants must be 19 years of age at the time of registration. Have Grade 8 English written and oral skills (or equivalent) to actively participate during class. Participants must attend all sessions to receive a certificate and satisfactorily complete the Parent Package which must be approved by the Instructor, before the course ends. Carefully read all policies.
Vesna is an experienced facilitator and Early Childhood Educator, she has worked as a Vancouver CCRR Child Care Services Consultant at Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre and currently she is their Outreach Professional Development Coordinator. She brings a rich background in working with 0-5 year old children in both family child care and group care settings and as a Westcoast’s facilitator for the 35-hour Introduction to Family Child Care Course and the 20-hour Responsible Adult in Child Care Settings.
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre