20 Hour Responsible Adult & The Business of Family Child Care – Online Course
Date(s) - Sep 29, 2022
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Surrey CCRR Online
Add to My Calendar
This curriculum meets the training requirements to qualify individuals to work in child care settings for children from birth to 12 years of age, such as:
-Occasional Licensed Child Care
-School-Age Licensed Group Child Care
-Family Child Care
Responsible Adult and the Business of Family Child Care Level 1 and Level 2
The GOOD BEGINNINGS courses will not only help you explore various areas of Child Care, but will also guide you to create the policies and procedures necessary to develop your business, introduce you to a network of Family Child Care Providers, and provide you with resources and contacts specific to your family child care business. Participants taking level 1 and level 2 will get a certificate for 30 hours of professional development.
12 Thursday evenings, September 29, October 6, 13, 20, 27, November 3, 10, 17, 24, December 1, 8 & 15
Cost: $275.00 includes textbook
20 Hour Responsible Adult Level 1
This course meets the requirements for 20 hours of training for “Responsible Adult” as stipulated by the Child Care Regulation to qualify for employment in family child care or school age child care settings. Through interactive sessions, this course covers basic concepts about child development, child guidance, health, safety, nutrition and programming. Participants must be at least 19 years old to register, attend all sessions and complete all assignments with a satisfactory mark in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants taking level 1 only will get a certificate for 20 hours of professional development.
8 Thursday evenings, September 29, October 6, 13, 20, 27, November 3, 10, 17
Cost: $180.00 includes textbook
Presenter: Vicki Lepper
– To register, please contact our office at 604.572.8032.
– This course will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you the day before the course. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– Upon successful completion of the course and assignments, a certificate will be issued by BCFCCA with the hours attended shown.
Professional Development Certificate
RA -$180.00 GB - $275.00
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number